PDA

View Full Version : Three Little Feral Kittens

Anita Rakestraw
02-09-2008, 07:08 PM
A female feral cat has been visiting our barn for some time & we began leaving food out for her. This past summer, my husband was in the barn choring and saw some movement out of the corner of his eye. When he looked closer, he saw a kitten! He called me out and we discovered 3 kittens probably at least 2 months old. We caught them and set a humane trap for mom, she was in it next morning. We took all to the vet to be "snipped" and wormed them, returned them to the barn, thought we'd just keep them. Within 12 hours, however, mom had removed the two female kittens. We do still have the little male (the middle one in this image; he is very tame & sweet to me but afraid of anyone else.) We got 2 more kitties from the animal shelter.
The night we caught the kittens I took quick pictures of them in my husband's gloved hands, and later made this portrait of them. The middle one is the male we still have, named Mustang (because he was wild.)
Mom still visits and gets her food, but we have never seen the little female kittens again....

Alfred Forns
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Adorable faces Who could resist them !!! He is so cute and does look like it has a good disposition Love the presentation Great idea !!!!

Lana Hays
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Anita
What a nice framed image you have of all of them. I'm glad that you at least have the male.....and I'm sure that he will become even more friendly. One of the other cats that adopted me came from my parents' farm.......and she has become a sweet heart. It's always good to hear of others who open their hearts....and homes to abandoned pets.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Wonderful capture Anita and I was thrilled to learn that you have at least one. I too am a cat lover and applaud your efforts to care for these babies. We resescued one fromm MacDonalds in Fayetteville N,C, and called hime Nuggies as his first meal was chicken McNuggets. Ended up having him live with us for 16 years . We was a real treasure . Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful story !!!

Manos Papadomanolakis
02-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Nice work Anita!!!