PDA

View Full Version : Little white flowers

Desmond Chan
09-01-2009, 12:41 AM
D700 100 f2 on tripod. Manual mode. ISO 200 f8 1/15s.

C&C welcome and appreciated ! Thank you very much !!

Ramesh Adkoli
09-01-2009, 03:14 AM
Beautiful flowers with great details. Excellently exposed too. The bottom two flowers and the OOF petal on top left add some distraction to it. I feel including only the top three flowers along a diagonal could have been better.

regards,
ramesh

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Lovely capture with excellent exposure as mentioned. I agree about the OOF flowers and IMO would like to have seen a larger DOF to include all of the flowers. Lovely composition and many thanks for sharing.

Nick Palmieri
09-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I like the composition and agree with other comments. I am not sure if it is a BG distraction or PP but there is something distracting to the flower in the upper left corner.

Alfred Forns
09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Love the feel Desmond Just the little oof on the top but one fine image I like the selected dof, does cover the top row nicely and don't think you could extend to the bottom row !! Blurring effect for the others is really nice !!!

Roman Kurywczak
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey Desmond,
The upper left flower does seem a bit brighter than the rest.....especially on the center......so toning it down to match the other 2 may help there. I think cleaning up the edge of the UL one will also help. Sd for the lower blooms.....I normally don't like the falloff....but it seeems to be OK here as the comp and position is pretty good....maybe just a slight lightening of them......and I do mean slight....they need to be darker to give depth. Pretty well done all in all.

Julie Kenward
09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Desmond, I agree with the others but the main thing here that IMO would really help this image would be to have had those three main flowers on a diagonal across the screen running from top to bottom. Overall, I think you did a nice job on this but there are several little things you could still do in pp to help make the most of this image.

Desmond Chan
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the comments and really appreciate the suggestions given ! Obviously, at least I should have done something to that little oof flower on top left :o

Mike Moats
09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Desond, like the comp and exposure, agree with others on te OOF parts.