PDA

View Full Version : Ready For Takeoff

Ed Cordes
08-31-2009, 09:16 PM
I was out trying to get some DF images the other day. they were less than cooperative so I had to maintain a fair amount of distance. this one was about to take off.

1DMK2 with 100-400 @ 350mm. Evaluative metering at ISO 400 and f 5.6 and 1/800 with EV - 1/3 hand held. This is a large crop - probably 60% of original size.

Thanks for looking. C&C most welcome.

Desmond Chan
09-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Despite the large crop, it still looks good on the screen: sharp with pretty good details. Composition-wise, I think the right side of the photo could be a little bit less.

Ramesh Adkoli
09-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I like the composition, Ed. I like the way the runway (!) loops across. The placement of DF at center works here. IMO, you could have given a feel of motion by angling it a bit. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Alfred Forns
09-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I like it a lot Ed Light was good .... lot of these have trouble with perches being blow out while getting shadow detail on the bug Excellent framing and great feel !!!!

Roman Kurywczak
09-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Ed,
I like the idea of the crop off the right and then proportionally top.....putting the DF off center.....but considering the large crop already....probably not a good idea. I like the sweep of the grass and the soft light on it...becuase it could have easily overpowered the scene if it was too bright....so nicely handled there! I may run some NR on the BG....as it is starting to show....but not too badly. As Al mentioned.....this has a nice look to it!

Julie Kenward
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Love that DF, Ed! His feet are even so well in focus - nice work! I agree a bit more off the right and I'd think about lightening or blending the ULC as well.

Mike Moats
09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey Ed, very nice, good details and like the BG.