View Full Version : Black-bellied Plover

denise ippolito
08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Canon 40D
500mm +1.4
1/125 sec. at f/5.6
+2/3 EC
Tripod low to ground

First morning light (you can see the sunrise in it's eye)
Sandy Hook this morning

Roman Kurywczak
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey Denise,
Nicely handled onthe comp......very nice angle....I like to see the feet and am not into amputations behind sand.....what ISo were you at?....it does appear to need a bit of NR on the BG and I do wonder if you can bring up the blacks a touch....although having never seen this species....do wonder if any was in there anyway! Very nicely done!

Randy Stout
08-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Denise:

Nice angle, both shooting and the birds. Sharp on head and eye. I don't see enough noise in the BG to be bothered. The blacks are perhaps a bit blocked, but I don't know the bird.

Nice to see a new species for me.

Randy

Joe Senzatimore
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Great shot of a species I have been after for a long time. I love the fact that you shot it so low and the light is fantastic.

Brian Barcelos
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Denise, Ditto all the positives already said. Agree with Randy about the noise and I feel the blacks look fine but I too never seen one of these personally. Love the little pebbles and shells and the sunrise in his eye put it over the top.

Brian

Aidan Briggs
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice soft light and HA. I would lighten the image a bit, and give it more space on the bottom if you have it.

Harshad Barve
08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
some more light and space if you have , rest is simply super
TFS

Ilija Dukovski
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Very nice image, the blacks should be black IMO here. Nice detail, both bird and sand.
I only wish bit more space on the bottom, the slope is cut short a bit.
These guys are quite shy, not easy to approach, good work with getting so close.

Stu Bowie
09-01-2009, 12:45 AM
The exposure looks good to me Denise, and I like the angle of capture. Great to see the sunrise in the eye, and I like the BG too.

christopher galeski
09-01-2009, 04:23 AM
nice shot Denise,nice bird,colors and comp.thanks.

denise ippolito
09-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Thankyou everyone for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it.

Mike Lentz
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM
The shells and small pebbles compliment this shore bird nicely! The low angle is always a difference maker, very nice!
P.S. I was up in Long Branch a while back on business... not too far from Sandy Hook.

denise ippolito
09-01-2009, 08:38 AM
The shells and small pebbles compliment this shore bird nicely! The low angle is always a difference maker, very nice!
P.S. I was up in Long Branch a while back on business... not too far from Sandy Hook.

Next time you are in town let me know. :)

denise ippolito
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey Denise,
Nicely handled onthe comp......very nice angle....I like to see the feet and am not into amputations behind sand.....what ISo were you at?....it does appear to need a bit of NR on the BG and I do wonder if you can bring up the blacks a touch....although having never seen this species....do wonder if any was in there anyway! Very nicely done!

Sorry Roman -I thought I posted my ISO-400:) This is close to FF -I felt the noise was minimal,but I will give it another look. Thanks.