PDA

View Full Version : D300 issue

Dave Mills
08-31-2009, 05:05 PM
This is the 2nd time this has happened but months apart. The camera is working fine then when I press the shutter release...nothing happens. I look at the inside screen and can no longer see the f stop or the shutter speed. I can bring it back by either rebooting the camera,taking the battery out and putting it back in or reconnecting the lense.
(all a way of rebooting) At times I'll get the problem repeatedly then it will function OK. It's an intermittant problem so sending it in for repairs has me wondering if they would find it. Has anyone else had this problem and know what to do?

Could a faulty memory card have something to do with it since I was in France for 3 weeks and shot 1500 images and had no problems. I didn't use the memory card I am now using. Wondering...

Rod Wiley
08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Dave I've had the same thing happen to mine. Couple of times the camera got dark inside and it looked like a aperture check. Lately it has not fired when it should. I agree if I send it pack it for repairs it's not going to do anything wrong.

James Shadle
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Dirty contacts might be an issue. Lens, body or battery all could cause that problem.
James

Ray Rozema
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
I think I have had a similar problem w D200 and it was due to misinfromation from the lens due to poor contact with the lens.

Dave Mills
09-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks folks, I'll give the contacts a thorough cleaning...see what happens..

joel quenneville
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Yes, the same thing has happened with mine and it is certainly because the camera can no longer "read" the lens. This usually happens when I am using a TC.

Bill McCrystyn
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I have not had any problems with mine (lucky) but wonder if any OEM is being used?