PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Waterlilly

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
This is another image from Longwood Gardens. There were many beautiful opportunities outdoors as well as indoors but unfortunately we were there at mid -day and the lighting was less than ideal. Nevertheless it is difficult to refrain from photographing such lovely flowers.

Nikon D3
Nikon 300 mm F2.8
ISO 400
1/200. F8
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !!

Alan Melle
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM
I generally don't like black BG's but this one works beautifully. That fantastic flower just jumps off the screen. Lovely!

Rene Quenneville
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Very nice flower Judy Lynn.
I am at work (lunch time!!) and my monitor is on the bright side. At this exposure level (about +2/3 to 1 EV), I can see all the background rework. You could try a level adj. layer to validate what I see.

Anita Bower
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Nice sharp focus and lovely color. I like the angle you chose. The dark BG makes the flower pop. There are some dark spots on the flowr that might be cloned. I'm wondering if this Lily was not at its peak as the filaments are dark.

I was at Longwood today wishing I had a long enough lens to take photos of the gorgeous waterlilies.

Roman Kurywczak
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Judy Lynn,
I happen to like black BG's.....so I am OK with that. Yeah maybe a bit of "perfection" clean up...but you chose a veery nice angle for the presentation. Nicely done!

Julie Kenward
08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
That is yellow at perfection! I kind of like the older stamen - adds a little break to the color but still flows with it all. I can't see any trouble with the BG but then my monitor at work runs dark.

This is really beautiful, Judy!