PDA

View Full Version : Rock study , colour

peter delaney
08-31-2009, 01:41 AM
D3 600mm gitzo tripod,wimberely head...iso 5oo 1/640 @f8 focal lenght 6oomm...

This is a colour version of image posted earlier .. this one excludes the small rock fig tree ,be interested to find out if you think it would be stonger image in B&W...and if the square format and tighter crop works....

please bear in mind that was saved as jpeg 4 low res.. thanks fpr your help

peter

Rene Quenneville
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Peter,

I feel the crop a little too tight. We loose the imensity of the scene.
With such pale sky, my vote goes to the B&W. You could rework the sky to make a more powerfull color image.

Roman Kurywczak
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Peter,
Another preference for the B&W. I do like the blance of the isolated rock here and face of cliff/rock.......but I do also feel that clipping the tree on the LH side isn't ideal in this instance. I re-worked your previous post and tweaked the B&W conversion to give you a few more ideas

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
I thought i would like it better in color, but i think now looking at this one, I prefer the B&W one better:D

Fabs Forns
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I had to scroll down to see the B&W version I had missed and another vote for the loose vertion, although this one is not bad at all :)

Robert Amoruso
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Peter,

As mentioned, to improve the composition you could have included the bush. I suggest that cropping more of the larger rock out and shifting more of the center of interest to the balancing rock would be a good way to go. You might also try a reverse s-curve to lower contrast a bit and open up the shadows.

Ed Cordes
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
I also like the B&W version. In the color version the reds/orange looks over the top. Maybe it's my monitor?

peter delaney
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Oki doki... its B@W then... really appreciate the input , ladies and gents... will now try and apply your suggestions .. in silver efex and post asap..

thanks again to you all...

peter

arash_hazeghi
09-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Wow, this one is really about to fall!