PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile male Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Duane Noblick
08-30-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/116649283/original.jpg

<TABLE cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>25-Aug-2009 06:53:09</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Canon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>Canon EOS 50D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>400 mm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/200 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/5.6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>320</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>partial (6)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>JPEG Quality</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority (3)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focus Distance</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just after a rainstorm. Perch placed near a feeder (as you can tell by the cut end of branch). Image is cropped.

edgar-junior
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Amazing detail,Sharpness is very good and exposure is perfect for me !!!

Greetings from P.R. ;)

Keith Bauer
08-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Very nice detail on the hummer, nice background. I'm guessing based on your comment that the LRC red tint is from the feeder? A little head turn would have made this even better.

Harshad Barve
08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
nice expo, and lovely details , lovely pose of bird
TFS

arash_hazeghi
08-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Very nice pose and details, BG is killer, would clone the OOF red patch in LRC.

christopher galeski
08-31-2009, 04:23 AM
its a winner,its really sharp,nice BG,nice exposure.thanks for showing.

Gal Shon
08-31-2009, 06:44 AM
The bird looks super sharp with a beautiful and colorful side view. lovely BG as well.
I'm not crazy with the squre format and the bird is too centered (for that scene)

Don Anderson
08-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Beautiful crisp shot, wonderful exposure, I think a little more off the bottom would
make this a stronger composition. A little too centered, but a great capture.

Duane Noblick
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Thank you for the critiques. The red patch is a blooming Crape Myrtle.