PDA

View Full Version : Ausable River at Keene

Nick Palmieri
08-30-2009, 08:51 AM
This was taken at noon on a partially cloudy day in the Adirondacks. The mountains surrounding the river subdued the light a bit but really threw some nice light off those rocks. I was standing in the water for this one and used a 3stop ND filter held in front of the lens (AKA Romans method). tripod mounted Canon EOS 40D,12-24mm at 12mm ISO 100, SS 2s., f/22, with polarizer.

Cindy Cone
08-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Love the light and colors on the rocks and water, Nick. Good job with the exposure on the water. I can't decide if I'd like a little cropped off the top or not.

Dave Mills
08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Nick, I like how you framed your composition with the rocks leading you to the back.IMO the image is a bit dark and lightening it somewhat would improve it. If I were to crop I would cut out about half the sky...

David Thomasson
08-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Very pleasing image. I agree with Dave about brightening a bit. This scene is so much about forms and textures, and I think both can be shown
to better advantage without losing the feel of an overcast day. I would also even out the luminance in the bottom left corner.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7339/streamm.jpg

Dave Mills
08-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Good job on this David, Exactly what I had in mind!!

David Thomasson
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Good job on this David, Exactly what I had in mind!!

Thanks, Dave. You obviously have a superior mind. :D

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Dave. You obviously have a superior mind. :D
Oh Boy!!!
Hey Nick,
You have to be careful with my favorite toy as you had a small V in the sky and that probably darkened the entire forest bank......but David gave you a nice and easy solution! Nice job with the lines of the river and agree with toning down the silkiness on the lower part of the water. Nicely composed!