Av 5.0
Evaluative Metering
ISO 200
EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Focal Length 70.0 mm

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi Kyle Marie,
While you had some very nice clouds I find myself wanting a bit more of a focal point in the FG. While the grasses act as a nice base and the exposure is pretty good (You may want to tweak the sky and see if you can pull out some more depth to the clouds) the rock tops? at the center of the frame draw my eye too much and the RH side trees aren't prominant enough to carry that side of the frame. Even the LH trees arent that dynamic to be a strong focal point.You need to find a focal point that will keep the viewers wanting to stay in the scene and not leave......right now the eye just wanders too much. You'd be surprised that sometimes even the most overlooked objects can make that happen!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks Roman again for looking and giving me pointers, I guess now i know why nobody looks at my pics, I will keep trying to work on it.:)

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey Kyle Marie,
don't get discouraged!!!.....try to remember what appeals to you....was it the clouds?....concentrate on them and find something that will compliment them! Grasses drew your eye.....eliminate any other distractions and find a pleasing element to include with them! Study what others do and this will give you ideas on your own endeavours!

denise ippolito
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Kyle, I looked at your image earlier and Roman really hit on some good points. I thought I'd wait for you to respond. I think you have a good eye for photography and I like the creative images you have posted- I usually think about what it is about that scene that I want to capture to show the viewer and try to zero in on that. Don't get discouraged, you can do this. I have faith in you!! Now go out there and show us another.:)

Dave Mills
08-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi Kyle, Not true about not wanting to see your images. We all have our own visions to offer. Photography, like anything else is a constant learning medium. Even the best photographers on this site pick up pointers and learn from others. The neat thing is one never stops learning and going after that next image. You shouldn't be discouraged but continue to grow,be aware of whats around you and capture that moment...You'll do fine!!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone, I will keep trying to work on finding a focal point, and make you all proud:D I will never give up, I just get discouraged when i see these beautiful picture in these awesome locations, and i have to stay local and there is not much around here, but i will do it and i will be back LOL
Thanks again

denise ippolito
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
That's the spirit Kyle!!! Looking forward to your next post.

Roman Kurywczak
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
That's definitely the right attitude Kyle Marie! You should check some of Robert Amoruso's seascape post....here's one example; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28649 ....simple yet quite effective because of the light......if you click on his name and go to statistics>find all threads started by Robert.......he has done quite a few simple seascape compositions......close to his home. You seem to have a strong interest in seascapes and long exposures.....this will give you a few ideas.
Looking forward to more of your posts!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks Roman for the link, I see what you are saying, I have to get up early or get there later in the day, the sun makes a big difference. Thank you also Denise and DMills.