PDA

View Full Version : Yellow feet

Milan V
08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Little egret Egretta garzetta

Canon 40D, Canon 500mm, ISO 400, 1/2500, f8
PP: slight crop (I cut about 15%) due compo, contrast, sharpness,
Handheld when I stand in the 1.3m deep water:)

http://www.pbase.com/milv/image/116162425.jpg

All the best!
Milan

Juan Aragonés
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
The light angle is not the best and light is a bit intense but you did a very good exposure job on this white bird. In my opinion, a litle bit more room at the bottom would produce a better composition

Roman Kurywczak
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi Milan,
agre with Juan on the light but as he mentioned.....you handled it pretty well! I see you cropped.....so hopefully you have some room to put it behind and below. the HA isn't perfect.....but the wing tip??..touching the back of the head is the most distracting. I applaud you going out there and wading into the water though.....keep at it!

Arthur Morris
08-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Milan, agre with Juan on the light but as he mentioned.....you handled it pretty well! I see you cropped.....so hopefully you have some room to put it behind and below. the HA isn't perfect.....but the wing tip??..touching the back of the head is the most distracting. I applaud you going out there and wading into the water though.....keep at it!

Roman, I am pretty sure that that is not the far wing tip touching the head. It looks pretty much like a breeding plume....

I like the SH and the trailing yellow feet but I am not a fan of this wing position or of the bird angling away.

arash_hazeghi
08-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Eye sharpness is good and whites exposed properly, wing position is not that interesting though.

I agree it is def breeding plume we have a tone of these guys with the plume here.

Milan V
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks! Unfortunatelly, this one is one of few sharp I got.
Artie is right, the feather come from the head.