PDA

View Full Version : Auditioning at The Met...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi All,
Another one from Nickerson last week. Hope it raises a smile...:D
50D 500 f/4 +1.4 TC
ISO 640
F5.6 1/2000
Exp comp +1
Best regards to all,
Nicki

Axel Hildebrandt
08-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Cool pose, angle and I like the grass in the BG, too. I would put the bird further to the left in the frame and increase contrast a few points. I might also tone down the whites on the chest a bit. Thanks for the smile! :)

denise ippolito
08-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Nicki, Really cute pose and I agree w/ placing him on the left of frame. This has a very dreamy quality to it. It made me smile also- Nicely presented.

David Fletcher
08-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Lovely feel to this Nicki. Don't mind the placement, as I like to push the rules too, but a shift of you to the left would have put the bg grasses away from the head. Agree about the breast whites and hope the raw has enough data to recover, although it does look like not much is needed. Nice one and thanks for sharing.

Brian Barcelos
08-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Agree with all the points made. Really love this one, especially the open mouth.

Brian

Chris Kotze
08-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Super pose and I love the open beak, well captured. Have to agree with the placement

Joe Senzatimore
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Fine capture that could be improved by moving the subject to the left a bit. I too like the little bit of grass behind the Tern.

Indranil Sircar
08-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I like the pose. Very nice HK effect. Thanks for sharing.

Manos Papadomanolakis
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
beautiful singing pose,bg,low angle...another vote to increase the contrast

Roman Kurywczak
08-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Nicki,
The little ones always bring a smile to my face.......especially the way the run around with their mouths open. Great advice given above and definitely worth exploring.

Arthur Morris
08-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Nicki, I am confused by your framing choice here. Somebody once said, "Nobody gives a rat's a _ _ about what's behind the bird. And while rules are made to be broken you need to have a reason to do so.

Is this designed as a table of contents image? It would be perfect. And of course I love the begging little chicks. I am still waiting to see for one of your sidelit images made in bright sun <smile>

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello Everyone and thanks so much for all the comments and suggestions.
Artie, I do have others in the series in which the chick is better placed but without the cute pose. Also, with the title in mind, I thought the grasses remeniscent of a minimal set design...:)
Best,
Nicki

Harshad Barve
08-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Cool pose, angle and I like the grass in the BG, too. I would put the bird further to the left in the frame and increase contrast a few points. I might also tone down the whites on the chest a bit. Thanks for the smile! :)

Ditto Axel here
But what a cute looks , :):):)
TFS