PDA

View Full Version : Look of Fear

Roman Kurywczak
08-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Started working on some of my Katmai images and lokking at some of the more unusual ones. I love action shots!! This little guy wasn't paying attention and the big bully with the really bad attitude came by to steal it. He can normally run away as he is blessed with a bit more speed/less weight......but being careless....he didn't pay attention after catching it as the larger bear approached.....in subsequent catches he immediately ran with his prize.....this time he wound up surrendering it. Just watching that sequence was pure joy and what nature photography is all about for me! I went to a pano.....as I felt this emphasized the action but FF horizontally(wish for a hair more right). I am considering adding a bit of canvas back onto the bottom.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 100-400mm lens at 220mm and f8 for 1/1000th of a sec. at ISO 800, HH.
PS Check out my blog.....may give you a laugh!

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Roman, This image tells a nice story and you can see the little one begin to cower down. I like the idea of a pano crop, but to me it's a bit tight- Anyway terrific action captured!! Looks like you were able to get pretty close to them.

Harshad Barve
08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Great action packed shot , lovely expression and flow of water, I am loving this tight crop. IMHO tight frames looks better in action shots, :)
TFS

David Fletcher
08-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Nice framing and action Roman. Don't mind the "tightness" but a wider shot has appeal too.

DanWalters
08-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Love the action and the image really tells a story. You can see the fear in the other bears eyes! Could use a little more room.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Awesome action you captured Roman and if looks could kill !!!!!!! Love it.

Steve Canuel
08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
That guy is a monster! Great looks on both bears and the roiling rapids give it even more sense of action. I'd personally prefer a little more space up top and to the right (as viewed).

Sid Garige
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Fantastic moment well capture Roman. Excellent job.