PDA

View Full Version : Longwood Gardens

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
This image was captured at Longwood Gardens . It was a magical place with so many beautiful flowers that one hardly knew where to begin and of course there is never enough time. The orchids and water lillies were a real treat as there were so many different varieties. Hope you enjoy.

Nikon D3
Nikon d300 mm F2.8
ISO 400 !/2000, F6.3
manual

All comments are appreciated.

Brandy Katzen
08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice lighting and composition. I'd clone out the specs in the water if that's in line with your photographic approach.

kevinmat
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Very nice exposure, lovely image. Personally with such a nice flower I would clone out the black spots on a few of the petals. The specs in the water don't really bother me.

Ed Vatza
08-28-2009, 04:44 PM
I like the symmetry of the leaf in the frame and the placement of the flower. I do agree on cleaning up the specs on the white petals. Very nice image.

Roman Kurywczak
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi Judy Lynn,
Oh man!!!.....can't believe I missed you! Next time let me know and we will get together! I can't believe you got one bloom with one leaf isolated......not an easy task there! Very nice placement of the bloom and the tweaks mentioned will just make it perfect.

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Judy, You really did get a nice composition. I love the lighting and the exposure.

Desmond Chan
08-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I like the composition as it's unlike the 1/3 rule that we see a lot. Sharpness and colors are all good. No complain from me :)

Dave Mills
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Judy, Nice comp with good lighting. Agree with a bit of cleanup...

Julie Kenward
08-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Me? I'd clone out the dark spots on the petals AND the light spots in the water - but I'm finicky so what do I know? Everything else (and these are so minor do we even count them?) is perfect - it's good to have you back, Judy!

Did you by any chance use a polarizer? I'm wondering how you got all the reflection off the lily and water...it's really outstanding.

Ed Cordes
08-29-2009, 09:35 PM
This image pops off my monitor. I agree about the clean up.

Charles Wesley
08-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Judy,

I really love this image. It jumps out at me due to colors and contrast.
Thanks for sharing.....

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Julie,

Many thanks for your comments.

Sorry for the late reply but I did want to answer your question about the polarizer. No I did not use anything . No filters of any kind. I do have some but have not used them for quite some time.

Again many thanks for all you do here at BPN. I always enjoy your work and your comments.

judylynn

Anita Bower
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
I love the placement of this waterlily on the pad! Lovely composition, exposure, color.