PDA

View Full Version : Rose

Desmond Chan
08-28-2009, 01:18 AM
D700 70-300f4.5-5.6 VRII on tripod @220mm. Manual exposure mode, no flash. ISO 200 f7.1 1/60s.

Slight crop.

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Thank you !

Julie Kenward
08-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Desmond, this is really lovely! The fact that you got the backlighting into the image and it shows some of the natural surroundings is really nice! I do think I'd tone down the spots at the top area by the flower head a bit but the yellow areas at underneath the flower are wonderful and very dramatic! Great crispness and detail to this!

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Desmond, This is very unique and I think seeing some of the BG really worked out well here.Your rose is still very much the spotlight. I like the crop choice. Well done.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Gorgeous rose and excellent exposure and detail. IMO I would be tempted to crop this just below the leaves of the rose thus cutting out the one yellowish leaf. Beautiful as presented too. thanks for sharing.

Roy Priest
08-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Desmond, nicely done, the rose almost glows against the background. I like the crop.

Ed Vatza
08-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Desmond,

The rose looks beautiful. I'm not real keen on the spotted leaves which look like they have seen better days especially since there are so many of them. The background feels a bit busy to me yet I am ok with it. I would just work on the yellowish leaf in the oof background to the right of the flower. I know much of this runs contrary to the above. It's just my opinion.

Roman Kurywczak
08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Desmond,
I would go with Judy's recommendation and a few others......like toning down the stem....not the biggest fan of the fence posts.....but they are nicely muted.....just a few tweaks will move this up a notch.

Desmond Chan
08-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, everyone ! It is always nice to hear opinions from people of different perspectives.