Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 400, 1/60, f11, tripod
PP: no crop, levels, colours, contrast, sharpness

http://www.pbase.com/milv/image/116141758.jpg

Best!
Milan

Roman Kurywczak
08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Milan,
You handled the light and DOF well.....I wish the right bllom was a bit higher....to form more of a diagonal comp.....so in this case might take some off the top. I do like the differnt curves of the stems and they seem to balance each other pretty well.

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Beautiful colors and sharpness. I like the composition but might take a slice off the top. Well done.

Julie Kenward
08-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Nice image, Milan! I agree with Roman that more separation between the two buds - one a bit higher than the other - would have strengthened the comp even more. That said, you did a nice job on getting good DOF! These are not the easiest plants to photograph and you did a lovely job.

I do think the color (hue) of the BG might be stronger if it was more to the 'leaf' side of green instead of the 'olive' tone you have here. I added a color balance moving the green midtones a bit to the right. I also lightened the one dark area on the brighter pink flower and cropped a bit off the top. See what you think.

Steve Maxson
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Nice sharpness, DOF, and a clean background, Milan. I like what Jules did with the greens and agree that taking a little off the top would be an improvement. Well done.

Milan V
08-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks to all, specially Julie.
Definitely better bg (which I not correct). I can not decide for the crop... I think also to crop it above, then I skip it and left it. On the other side, I play with an idea to crop it a little bellow?<o></o>