PDA

View Full Version : The Male Rose Ringed Parakeet

Kiran Poonacha
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Got this guy too when he was feed on Maize Flowers, Have done some cloneing and use G blur on the BG. Has lost some details due to compression.

Spec: F1/1600, F 7.1, ISO 400, - 1/3.

canon 40D + 500mm + 1.4TC

Axel Hildebrandt
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Very cool-looking bird, I like the angle, look-back pose, perch and BG. I think there are some clone marks in the upper left and I might clean the tip of the beak if it were mine.

Erich Stevens
08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Kiran,

This is really super. You have a way with light that I really admire. I see the clone marks too. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Daniel Cadieux
08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I too see some evidence of post-processing in UL. Beautiful colours, and I like how the tail and grass blade complement each other in the comp. Excellent look-back pose. I only wish for a bit more separation between bill and stem.

Gal Shon
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Not easy to photograph them with their long tails. you cope with it very good.
I love the back view and the look back pose. very good BG, perch, light and sharpness.
A fine image, well done.

Stu Bowie
08-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I like the sharpness in this, and you have brought out the greens on the parakeet nicely. Super pose, and agree with Dan regarding the tail following the maize leaf. Well captured brother.

Mital Patel
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
what a perch bhai.. you are king finding a good perch of indian birds. or the birds perch specially for you on special location.

i like the compo a lot. some glow behind the face of parakeet distracting a bit. but over such frame can neglect that if this were mine :)

Rich Steel
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Kiran

I love photographing these on my trips down to London as the capital is swarming with them now. In fact if you stand in Bushey Park of an evening you can watch big flocks constantly passing as they make their way to their evening roost. This is a good photo of a male bird which are much more colourful and well framed as they can be tricky with that long tail. Good clean background although as mentioned some more needs to be done in tidying up the top left corner.

Cheers

Rich

Kiran Poonacha
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions, I been a great learning experience here and thank you for accepting me.

As suggested I have cleaned up the cloneing fault ( always say to myself, give your finish image a proper look but never do) and as Axel suggested, I cleaned up the beak too, kindly let me know what you feel..

Thanks Again,

Kiran.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
The repost looks definitely better, well done! There are only a few clone marks at the bottom but those could be jpg artifacts, too.

Harshad Barve
08-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Fantatsic image Kiranbhai
for me , light and compo makes it grand , awesome details
TFS

Krijn Trimbos
08-28-2009, 06:41 AM
A gorgeous looking specimen, a great perch, BG, HT and excellent colours! Wish this was mine!

Mohanram Kemparaju
08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Repost looks great, but i liked the original as well...minor changes make a lot of difference.Good work with the camera and PP as well Kiran

Rob Drummond
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Stunning Kiran - wonderfully sharp, beautiful light and pose.

cheers
Rob

Simon Bennett
08-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Wonderful composition, pose, greens and pastels in this image.

Juan Aragonés
08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Excelente image Kiran. Love the head turn, the perch.... well, love everything on this one. We have a population of this species in my city but they are allways really high in the trees and it si not possible to photograph them in decent conditions :-(