PDA

View Full Version : Theme HK Willet

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 07:47 AM
I did a sketch layer and blended it w/ a b&w layer. masked back in the eye. and did some curve adjustments.

Dave Mills
08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Denise, Good comp with soft, pastel like colors.Very nice use of filters. Well done!

Harshad Barve
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Denise, Good comp with soft, pastel like colors.Very nice use of filters. Well done!

Ditto Dave here , for me Head turn adds so much
TFS

Indranil Sircar
08-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Another excellent composition, Denise. Great use of filters. I like soft tomes and the induced noise makes this work very well.

Mark Fuge
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Denise.

Nice image and application.

I would suggest that you crop it however, as it appears the eye is the strong point of the image and woudl therefore suggest a tighter crop. I wouild add the grey area on the top and crop as shown.

Your image ... your vision.

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time as always to repost a crop suggestion. I think I'm pretty happy w/ the crop I have but I do appreciate the feedback.:)

Gus Cobos
08-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I love your water color Lady Denise...its well composed and executed showing the soft pastel colors...good show...:cool:

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Lovely image. I like it. What I find hard with most HK without a thin border is that my eyes wonder around looking for the edges of the images. This is no different. I can just see them, but a border would be preferred for me at least. I am not sure how I'd crop it. I do feel though that for my taste there is a lot of negative space to the left of the bird. Since I don't like square crops, I'd rather leave it as is here. :)

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Gus, Thankyou for your kind comments.

Akos, I really feel that w/ the amount of color in the BG this didn't need a thin border-but thankyou for your suggestion.As far as the crop goes-Al Forns showed me this elongated crop once w/ a Seagull image and I like it and have used it often. Thanks for your comments.

Dave Mills
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
In this case I like how Denise handled the cropping of the image. I realise the subjectivity involved but with this image the flow of color and the effect is very appealing...

Christopher Miller
08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I like the composition you used, Denise. Also like the colors and the clear eye. The effects you used look great though I think I'd prefer it without all the grain in the BG. Just my opinion!

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Dave, Christopher-Thankyou both for your time and comments.
Christopher -I will try to do another one w/o the grain and see if I like it.Thankyou for the suggestion.