PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Gorilla HK

Paul Lagasi
08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
This is a photo, of a Silverback, I took last year at Disney in Orlando...converted to graphic pen, then followed tutorial (p://www.the-graphics-tablet.com/high-key.html, thanks Denise) as best I could...

denise ippolito
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Paul, I'm very impressed.That's not an easy tutorial to get right. I love the HK BG and the pose w/ the eye contact. I might take a slice off the top and burn just the bright spot on back. Very nice work!!

Harshad Barve
08-26-2009, 10:22 PM
this is very impressive , :):)
TFS

Indranil Sircar
08-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Paul, this is outstanding! This is not an easy subject to create hk and this composition stands out.

Cindy Cone
08-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Awesome work, Paul. I like this a lot - especially the pose and eyes. Great use of the effects.

Dave Mills
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Paul, Good job on this. Agree with Denise's comments...

Mark Fuge
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi Paul, nice image.

I would suggest adding a little more canvas to the left side. He's a big critter and if he decides to get up I would want him to have all the room he wanted! :eek: :eek: ;) :D

Otherwise, I would agree with Denise.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Looks good to me Paul. Your work really stands out.

Paul Lagasi
08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank You All....Finished product works very well, tooka sliver off top, added canvas left.
tried burning but just didn't look right...cloned in hair instead..

Denise..when I tried to burn the highlight on the back...it came out as a grey/black..I admit, it's a photoshop tool I seldom use, time to learn....what setting's do you use when burning?

Dave Mills
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice job on the repost Paul! Image is stronger!

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Thank You All....Finished product works very well, tooka sliver off top, added canvas left.
tried burning but just didn't look right...cloned in hair instead..

Denise..when I tried to burn the highlight on the back...it came out as a grey/black..I admit, it's a photoshop tool I seldom use, time to learn....what setting's do you use when burning?

First of all -Really nice repost!!

For this you could go with the highlight selection and burn at 3% till you obtain the desired effect. But I usually do a curves adjustment on a layer and then mask in over the lighter areas. But for a quick fix the burn tool or the clone tool at a 28% opacity sometimes does the trick.:)

Jackie Schuknecht
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Really nice Paul, might add a little detail where his arm is resting. Love the eyes and you brought them out very well.