PDA

View Full Version : Meet My Bud...

Ed Vatza
08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
and I'm not even sure of his name. I think it may be Orange Hawkweed but I am not certain. All I know is that he was the only bright spot in an otherwise pretty boring foray this evening.

Canon 30D; Sigma 150mm macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest Softbox on a flexible bracket; tripod mounted.

1.0 sec @ f/20, ISO 400; +2/3 EV; FEC -1

Dave Mills
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Ed, I've met your bud and I like it! I like the sharpness,detail,backround and color. Your positioning on a diagonal also strengthens the image. Good one!!

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Ed, I think you have nice details in your bud and your BG is pleasing. I'm seeing some darkening halo around the tip of the bud and the top white leaf. I like the diagonal composition as well.

Ed Vatza
08-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm seeing some darkening halo around the tip of the bud and the top white leaf.

Hmmm! I know I have a hard time seeing the milk in the fridge but I'm not seeing a halo here.:confused:

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Hmmm! I know I have a hard time seeing the milk in the fridge but I'm not seeing a halo here.:confused:

They are at the top of both tips(the bud and the leaf)They are darker in color-Did you burn the tips because sometimes that will spill over to the BG color.
IAC -They are not really distracting. I only pointed them out in case you go to print.

Ed Vatza
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Just made a quick stop home from work so I don't have much time. I still don't see what you are referring to. Obviously there is something there but I'll be darned of I can see it. That said, I did nothing other than about a half hour's worth of removing dust spots (I've got to clean the sensor! :(), some sharpening and noise reduction.

Adrian David
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I like the composition, colors and details! Denise is right about that kind of dark halo.On my monitor it is visible.Not a great deal, but is there...

denise ippolito
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Just made a quick stop home from work so I don't have much time. I still don't see what you are referring to. Obviously there is something there but I'll be darned of I can see it. That said, I did nothing other than about a half hour's worth of removing dust spots (I've got to clean the sensor! :(), some sharpening and noise reduction.

Ed, It's not a big deal-they only show up alittle bit. If you can't see them then I wouldn't worry about them.:)

Anita Bower
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I like it! Gorgeous colors, especially against the silky green BG. I don't see the halos. I like the angle, and composition. The only mild distraction for me are the light colored sepals. I don't know what flower it is either.

Roman Kurywczak
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey Ed,
I see a darker area around the bud tip......not sure if that is it.......but it doesn't affect the image at all.....it is very slight and may just be something from the BG. Very nice presentation and handling of the light and the BG is very nice too. I'm leaning with your guess....hawkweed.

Julie Kenward
08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I can see the dark area, too, but I REALLY had to look. I honestly would never have seen it if Denise hadn't mentioned it.

I agree with Anita, too - the light colored sepals could maybe stand to be toned down a bit but everything else is very nice - pleasing BG and good details. I also really like the curving comp.