PDA

View Full Version : Rufous Bush Robin

Gal Shon
08-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Can you find the little spyder...?:) (oops... I meant, spider)
20D, 400/f5.6 ~ 86% of the original.
Iso 200, 1/500, f6.3, -0.33
Feel free to comment and thanks for looking

Arthur Morris
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice perch, light, and BKGR. That is one long leg on the other side of the perch. It seems as if you were shooting up a bit at the bird. Was this at a set-up? No spider from me....

Tony Whitehead
08-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Spider is living dangerously, Gal - I imagine he would be a good snack for the Robin. Focus looks perfect and BG is great. I might crop a little from top and right to decentre the head. May also be an option to remove the thread hanging from the bill.

Gal Shon
08-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Nice perch, light, and BKGR. That is one long leg on the other side of the perch. It seems as if you were shooting up a bit at the bird. Was this at a set-up? No spider from me.... <!-- / message --> Thank you,
That was an improvised set up, that morning I went to photograph a Demoiselle Crane (very rare in Israel)
who cooperate nicely,
When I saw two RBR, I forgot about the Crane, I wanted to photograph a RBR very much, since I haven't to that day.
I looked around for a nice perch, connect it to a pruned branche from a big pile of pruned branches
The two RBR were singing from every high branch in that pile. I used my car as a hide and used audio,
one of the birds perched for 2 second. I got 5 images, one of which is this one.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I like the light, sharpness, composition and BG. There are some artifacts in the BG, maybe due to jpg conversion.

Daniel Cadieux
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes, I see the spider! I also see a large dust bunny in front of the chest. I wouldn't mind seeing the bird a little higher in the frame. Good job on the improvised setup.

Arthur Morris
08-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the story, Gal. Is that the spider on the back of the perch near the top?

Mohanram Kemparaju
08-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Beautiful image.An off-centered head position would have been better.We call these the Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin.Its a passage migrant to a small part of India and quite a challenge to make decent images of these here.

Stu Bowie
08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Spider spotted, and did he survive. Super angled pose, and I like the light in this. The sharpness is there, and his left leg sure does look far longer than the right, but I know its due to how he is perched.