PDA

View Full Version : Goose

Jean-Philippe Baude
02-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Two gooses from my village. Just 2 hours ago.

D200 + TC 1.4 + 300 2.8

Exposure Time : 1/800"
F Number : F5.6
ISO Speed Ratings : 400
Exposure Bias Value : -0.33EV

JP

Philip Lombard
02-09-2008, 07:06 AM
That right goose is a beauty, kind of cool, it looks like they swimming to the obis.

Lana Hays
02-09-2008, 09:21 AM
JP
The geese look good in the dark water with the light spotlighting them. They are beautiful. I might crop a little off the bottom as the reflection is not perfect and doesn't add that much to the image. I wish that the second goose didn't merge with the rear of the first one.

Jim Neiger
02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi JP,

You had some really nice soft light here and did well with the exposure. I like the head positions of both birds, but like Lana, I wish there was a bit of seperation between them. I like the rippled reflections.

If the birds are captive, please mention that when you post the image. If not, the image should go in the Avian wild and free forum.

Jean-Philippe Baude
02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your comments.

I agree with you that it would be better with a separation between the two birds but what I like in this picture is the separation in the water made by colors, one is just in the brown area and the other one is just in the darker area.

Jim, these birds are not captive and are living in a wild area but apparently these species are domestic.

JP