PDA

View Full Version : Blue Waterlily

Dave Mills
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Another from Longwood Gardens this week.
Nikon D300,200mm macro,F32 1/60, -2/3,fill flash tripod mtd

Julie Kenward
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I think you may be the new reigning king of water lilies Dave! Geez, this is beautiful and I like it more than the last one just because it is simpler in its surroundings. Your DOF and comp are perfect...you really got these down!

denise ippolito
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Dave, Julie is right you really got this down. Very nice lighting and colors. I'm not sure what I like more the center glowing in your lily or the leaf perfectly illuminated.

Ed Vatza
08-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Very nice, Dave. Interesting that the curved leaf distracted me in your previous post but seems to work very well here. Color is beautiful. Light is excellent. Detail is perfect.

The one thing I keep wondering is how it would look with the flower just a tad lower in the frame but that is a very small point (not allowed to use "nit" here :D).

Adrian David
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Superb! Great details and fantastic light setup! For my taste , the relection of the leaf on the water, is a little distracting, and strange looking.

Anita Bower
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Beautiful! I like the dark BG with the Lily and the leaf (?) standing out. Great composition. Beautiful colors. Lovely lines. The only improvement I can suggest is to clone the few speck on the Lily petals. The Lily seems to be glowing from within!!

Roman Kurywczak
08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Dave,
leaf adds a nice balance. I see a slight reflection in the water......I'll have to show you. Nicely handled on the flash!