PDA

View Full Version : Into the wind

Kerry Perkins
08-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Bad hair day? Ok, I know it isn't hair, but this snowy reminded me of Albert Einstein. :D

Captured at the Salton Sea, of course! The high ISO was an experiment. I had just purchased the 400mm and didn't know that I could hand-hold it at much lower shutter speeds. As it is, I didn't really have that much noise in the image because it was so bright and way to the right. ;) Plus, it makes for great conversation... :)

50D, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/5.6@1/5000 ISO 800 AWB
AI Servo autofocus using back button, hand held no flash

Thank you for your comments!

Bob Miller
08-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi Kerry! Love the pose. He must be at least related to Einstein! Plenty sharp but contrasty
Softer light would have been better.Can you bring the shadowed whites any brighter? As is...I still like this image!

Kerry Perkins
08-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks Bob! The light was really harsh and unforgiving. I probably could bring up those dingy whites, I'll have to revisit that. He does look like that light has given him a headache... ;)

Lance Peters
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Kerry - love the hairdo - main issues here look like the harsh light and the angle of the light, which has half of mr snowy in shadow.
Pose and composition works for me :)
Keep them coming :)

Gus Cobos
08-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Hi Kerry,
I like the composition and capture...agree with the harsh lighting...just keep them coming...:cool:

Christopher Miller
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Kerry, I like the pose and hairdo, or should that be "featherdo?":D Agree on brightening the whites a bit, they look a little too dark to me.