PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Macro - "Little Jimmy"

Gus Cobos
08-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Assignment: Macro - “Little Jimmy”

Little Jimmy is one of the critters that makes his home in my Pops’ garden. Jimmy usually comes out to play after the rain. Jimmy was painted with a Nikon D300, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4 D IF-ED macro lens, with a 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/250sec. - f/16 / exposure comp @ +0.3EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - monopod assist.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Lance Peters
08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
love the green against the gold - some magical garden your pops has!!!
Nice work :)

Connie Mier
08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Very intriguing photo Gus, I like the yellow with the green cricket. My ignorance may be showing, but I am wondering about the blurriness and how this came about at your settings.

Oscar Zangroniz
08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Awesome colors my friend, just wished that Jimmy was bigger in the frame.

Jeff Cashdollar
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
The BG is has great color variety and wonderful tone blending. I find myself staring at little Jimmy my eye sticks there, might be me.

Gus the colors are great, lots of negative space that works well in this image - well done.

Ron Boisvert
08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Gus, I can't say that I've ever seen a lime-green metal-flake grasshopper before!! I really like what you did with this image, especially the BG tonalities and composition. It's antennae look enormous for it's little body. Cool shot!!