PDA

View Full Version : On Fire

Dave Mills
08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Went back to Longwood Gardens today with Roman K and had a productive shoot and a good time. Amazing place for flowers. Too bad I had camera problems mixed in.
D300,200mm macro,F32,1/80,-1 comp,fill flash,500 iso,tripod mtd.

Ed Vatza
08-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Looks like you guys had a great day at Longwood.

I think the flower is beautiful. I like the detail, very sharp. I like the angle and position. The water droplets add a nice little touch. The only thing that bothers me is that curled leaf in the background. For some reason it keeps pulling my eye from the flower as I explore the curl.

Rene Quenneville
08-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Another great shot Dave!
I love the comp. The vue angle and light direction are very pleasing. The curled leaf adds to the composition could may be toned town by 1/3 stop.

Julie Kenward
08-25-2009, 07:29 AM
I agree with the others on the fact that it's beautifully exposed and detailed. The colors are superb as well - you guys have a great place to create these images!

I wonder if you have moved more to the right if you could have placed the curled leaf more in the BG and still caught the inside of the flower? Not sure that would have worked but its a thought. Rene may have hit on the answer, though - toning it down a bit so it blends into the BG might be the answer!

Charles Wesley
08-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Dave,

This is a very pretty floral photograph. Love the colors, contrast and detail. Some say the curled leaf is distracting. I think it adds a 3D effect to your image.

Thanks for sharing....

denise ippolito
08-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Dave, Excellent exposure and details! Very nice composition w/ the folded leaf.

Anita Bower
08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Very nice! Glad you got some good shots of the waterlilies. Gorgeous colors and lighting. I'm undecided about the leaf.

Brandy Katzen
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Absolutely stunning; curved leaf doesn't bother me a bit; it adds depth and frames the flower in a unique way.