PDA

View Full Version : first pics with d3

john crookes
01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Shot with d3 and 70-200mm f2.8 with 1.7 converter
iso 200 mm
f5.6 at 350th

Full frame.

Processed through Adobe Lightroom and finished in Adobe Photoshop for sizing output and sharpening

I usually shot in adobe color space and open the image in prophoto 16 bit

i will correct for any color cast do a levels adjustment a contrast ajustment and pre output sharpening.

also a hue and sat ajustment if needed

sent to Adobe Photoshop for noise reduction if needed further sharpening as needed and size ing for output and conversion of color space for output

i convert to srgb for web and adobe 98 for print also change mode to 8 bit

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi John,

Great combo you have there :)

The colors rock! Wish for more room in front of the bird and yo u could have gone to iso 800 in that situation to get more shutter speed 1/320 is borderline for making sharp images of moving ducks.

And also a lower angle could have been nice, but you would loose that beautiful water.

Enjoy your camera!!! :)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Welcome, John and congratulations on the new equipment. The colors of bird and water are very nice. I would prefer a crop with the mallard swim into the frame and a lower angle.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Beautiful colours, light is a bit harsh and would prefer a lower angle with more room up front. Welcome aboard!

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Hello and welcome.

I really like the colors and details on this one. The composition could be a little more to the left, allowing the bird to have more room and like Fab said the lower angle could help this image as well.