PDA

View Full Version : Wasp in flight #2

Francis Bossé
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi,

This is from a complete setup with 3 strobes and a piece of green paper for background...

Thanks for looking!

Canon Mk III @ 150mm, ISO 100, 1/300, f/22
http://www.exonet.qc.ca/plogger/plog-content/thumbs/lrg-505-ppn1217.jpg

denise ippolito
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Wow! It looks beautiful. I love the colors and the detail you were able to get in the bee and the flower. Well done.

Ed Vatza
08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks terrific to me. Almost looks unreal. Great detail in the wasp and the flower. Looks like f/22 carried the show here. Love the texture that appears in the green paper background. Excellent job!

Julie Kenward
08-24-2009, 07:18 PM
So, Francis, have you gotten stung yet?

Man, this is a killer image! You really took what you learned on the last one and dug in and tried very successfully to get an even better image.

Great DOF. Great idea for the green BG. Lovely flower that compliments the other colors in the image. Home run in my opinion!

Ed Cordes
08-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Great detail! I agree it almost looks unreal. I wonder if the BG paper were further away if it would look more natural? Still striking as is.

Mike Moats
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Francis, look like you hit this one out of the ballpark. Really nice image. Great details and colros thoughout.

Roman Kurywczak
08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey Francis,
I will say you have inspire me and I will post my attmpt up above in a few......You nailed the exposure and comp on this and the BG is OK for me......but will offer this tip......go out and take a picture of some nice greenery........print it on matte paper and use it as the BG........will look more natural......great use of the multi strobes.......I will have to explore that option soon!

Ed Vatza
08-25-2009, 04:31 AM
I just figured out why it looks unreal to me. It is something about proportions. If I use the flower as the standard, the bee/wasp looks too big. Conversely, if I use the bee/wasp as the standard, the flower looks too small. Of course I have seen big bees climbing into small flowers but I am being thrown by the size relationship of the two. Just an observation. My original critique still stands.

Rene Quenneville
08-25-2009, 06:35 AM
very nice comp and colors. Background is ok for me. What attracts my attention, is the fact that the bee is lit from bellow with the main light; which is not common in nature. We have the same issue in studio portraiture. You need another flash!!!??? Adding a rim light from behind the be (slightly above) could be interresting to explore.

Roger Williams
08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Great color and detail in this image. Very well done!

Connie Mier
08-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Ed's last comment is what I was thinking, seems out of proportion. But a killer shot nevertheless.

Francis Bossé
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Ed, Connie, I'm with you for the proportion... I have the sane feeling! But, one of my friend said for him it's as to do with the deep of field . It's to large and if the back of the flower was more blur the will be
better for the proportion...

What do you thick about that???

Thanks for your comments!

Thomas Herou
09-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Fantastic image!

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Another great wasp image. Love the combination of colors in this one.