PDA

View Full Version : Desert Rider

Mirenchu Fernandez
08-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Around the Pyramids in Egypt you will find dozens and dozens of vendors selling souvenirs and offering camel rides. To get on the camel it's inexpensive...but, to get off the camel is expensive!!! That happen to a friend of mine...he had to pay extra to get off the camel!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
You're kidding? Just jump then kick the smart *** in the shins! LOL! They rip ya off? I would never have thought so. :)

Gus Cobos
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Ohhhhh Yesssss...I remember these colorful fellows...I was there twice, and twice the camel tried to bite me...:eek::D I just don't seem to get along with camels...but it was a fun trip...:):cool: A good capture Lady Mirenchu...:cool:

Harshad Barve
08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
vey noce shot , we have such a vendors in Rajasthan nad getting off is expensive
TFS

Dave Mills
08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Incredible that you would have to pay to get off! It would be funny if someone had no more money and had to stay on the camel. Would they take Visa?

Alfred Forns
08-25-2009, 08:12 AM
.... your right Mirenchu They have every trick in the book to make you pay :) The best part is seeing run out by the police ... then seeing the vendors paying the police around the pyramid :)

Fabs Forns
08-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Great capture, and yes, the getting off trick is an universal one :)

Carl Mohr
09-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I had a similar experience at the Gaza pyramids. A vendor took me for a little walk on a camel (poor beast),
which I enjoyed, to lure away from my family. He was a nice camel so I asked the trainer to take my photo kissing himl. While this was going on, another vendor was harassing my wife, daughter, and sister-in-law to pay for other photos; although I did like the shot he took with the three of them standing next to another camel. Not a horrible experience, but know what you are in for when you go there.