PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Lake Sunset, Raleigh, NC

Lance Warley
08-24-2009, 03:49 PM
The sun broke through a cloudy sky for just a few minutes before being covered for the night. It reminded me of the Dead line in Blues for Allah, "The sun went down in honey..."

I have no idea what the "fire" is in the woods under the sun, but I didn't start it, and I definitely did not PS it.

5D MarkII+24-105L @ 70mm F14, SS 0.6, ISO 100

Ed Cordes
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Wonderful colors and I really like the small squiggly bushes in the FG. I am not sure about the 3 large tree trunks. To me they detract. But that's just me.

Rene Quenneville
08-25-2009, 06:16 AM
I like the overall comp and colors. Very peaceful picture. The foreground elements and the reflection in the water add a very nice touch.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Very nice silhouette, Lance. The colors of the setting sun and its reflection make this image for me. And of course, the fire adds a bit of mystery too. The tree trunks in the FG make me feel like sneaking up to the lake. I liked that too. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
08-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey Lance,
Something was bugging me in this one so I had to explore what I felt it was.....at first i thought it was the trunks.....but I kind of liked their positions and different sizes as well as them making the image appear to be individual panes.......that's when it hit me......the left opening isn't as interesting as the other 3.....I find I like the brush/shrubs in the 3 to the right while the left starts to lose my interest......but i felt cropping it out wouldn't be the best solution. Maybe a slight clean up of the twigs coming into the frame on the left side and I would also ecplore the shoreline coming in from the right......just to see if it makes a difference. All that being said.....like the others i find myself drawn to the image.....nice job on a unique comp.
PS.....the rays may be hitting fog???

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
I really love this picture, nothing bothers me about it, I feel like I'm sitting there watching the sun go down, beautiful:)