PDA

View Full Version : COLOR SHIFT WINNERS!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi Gang,

Firstly, I would like to thank Denise and Dave for giving me the enormous privilege to judge this theme. It is an incredible honor to be allowed on a site as prestigious as BPN. So THANK YOU; YOU TWO FINE FOLKS. :)

Secondly, I had a really tough time as the entries were exceptional and the images submitted were beyond wild. :)

Thirdly, the results. You are all winners in essence AFAIAC. Thanks to each and every one of you for participating and keeping this active. :)

FIRST PLACE
Cheryl Slechta with Summer sizzle (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43739)
This image was incredibly colorful and so rich, like a tapestry of warm summer heat rendered in a way that was beyond believeable. It really grabbed my vision as soon as Cheryl posted it. Wonderful presentation and the colors are really, really insane!

SECOND PLACE
Indranil Sircar with NTI (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43961)
The first thing that came to mind was outer space and the abyss movie indeed. Indy's image has an atmosphere that conveys mystery, cold surrounds and the unknown of the deep seas where many secrets still lie waiting. Very well done!

THIRD PLACE
Kerry Perkins with Color my world (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43831)
The mixture of rich summer colors and that lone anchoring B&W butterfly were very contrasting in feel yet gave the image an overall sense of order. Very nicely executed Kerry. Super colors again.

Thanks guys again for your participation and I am glad I live Down Under as if you are upset, you will not be able to hunt me down. :D

Fabs Forns
08-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Congrats to all the winner, and Akos thanks for the theme suggestion and the great judging!

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Akos, Thankyou so much for being our judge this week!! I know how difficult it is.
Cheryl, Big time Congrats on a super image!!Well done.
Indranil, Great job with that one!!Really creative work.
Kerry, Great image and well deserved!!!

To everyone else -Thankyou all for participating-You guys are awesome!!

Cheryl Slechta
08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Akos, thank you so much!!! And thanks for suggesting the theme - it was great fun:D Congratulations to
Indy and Kerry whose images were fantastic. And thanks to the moderators whose images are always an inspiration.
There were a lot of really nice images this week so I feel very honored:)

Christopher Miller
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks Akos both for suggesting the theme and judging! Was lots of fun :)! Congrats to all the winners and participants!

Dan Brown
08-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Congratulations to you three!!! Great stuff. And, thanks go to Akos for a tough, tough judging job, well done!!

Cindy Cone
08-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Congrats to all the winners. Thanks for judging, Akos. It's not an easy job!

Indranil Sircar
08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Cheryl, Kerry congratulation for outstanding images. This was another fun week and can't agree more with Akos that all are winners! Thanks for judging, mate.

Mark Fuge
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Congrads to all. It was fun, even though I was late with the problems here. But I enjoyed the show.

Dave Mills
08-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Another week of creative and skillfully rendered images. Akos,superb job in judging and trying to pick winners among all the great images. Thanks mate!
Cheryl, A most colorful and attractive image..a winner indeed!
Indranil,An image that challenged folks imagination. Great job!
Kerry, Excellent job creating a stimulating image using a mass of color and form. Well done
Congrats to all the winners and participants !!!!

Kerry Perkins
08-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Congrats to the winners and thanks to Ákos for judging! Great job Cheryl and Indranil - very creative work! More congrats to all posters for all your excellent work.

Another fun week of images. The creativity shown in this group is just amazing!

Harshad Barve
08-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Congratulations to all the winner and Akosbhai thanks for judging, Must be tough job

Paul Lagasi
08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Congratullations to all winners....great choices, Akos....