PDA

View Full Version : butterfly on the sun

Valerio Tarone
08-23-2009, 01:45 PM
this image is a 'challenge' as I love to search strange kinds of exposition, I like to have your comments.
The butterfly is on the bg of sun ball. To crop the borders?
f6,7 1/8000 ISO200 jpeg. 70mm macro.
Thank you!

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Valerio, You have presented a very interesting image. I think if it were mine I may have off-centered the sun and BF, so that they weren't so centered. I do like that you put them a bit higher in the frame . I might take a slice off the top. Thankyou for sharing your unique image.

Ed Vatza
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Didn't you go blind setting up the composition?!?!? :eek:

I would have liked to see some yellow/orange in the sun ball. And I would have liked to see the butterfly a little sharper.

Roman Kurywczak
08-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Valerio,
Very interesting thought here......I would have preferred the butterfly antenna to be in the lighter area also......but do recognize the difficulty when composing something like this......I may have gone with more DOF......as you are getting sun bleed.....which is burning/blowing out the buttefly wing tips.......I don't think there was much you could do with the bottom/darker area either because of the contrast.....but still a very unusual approach and interesting attempt.

Julie Kenward
08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
You get points for going off the beaten path, Valerio but I agree with the others - it seriously needs more DOF IMO and the antenna being pushed into the darkness is a real bummer. If you had circled him perfectly and pushed that DOF to real crispness I think this would really work!

Valerio Tarone
08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you. Ed no, I didn't but I became blind a bit dazzled. I agree the red in the BG should be better, I agree, Julie, better more DOF. Is what is! others shots will arrive.