02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
1/15 sec
set pm AP
f/9
ISO 400
100mm plus 12mm and 20mm extension tubes

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I definitely like the idea here but all of the out of focus flakes in the foreground detract from the in focus flakes.

Robert O'Toole
02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I like it. Very nice idea. I think about these types but I never get around to doing them, well I do live in Florida!

2 things would make it better for me. Make it a more of a high key image, lighten in curves. Then I would crop from the left to put the perfect flake in the upper thirds, golden rule spot.

Robert

Mike Moats
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Intiot, I think you have a great concept here, but as Robert A points out there is just to much out of focus. I would try and zoom in on just a few flakes and fill up the frame, and than use a higher f/stop in the f22 range to bring more in focus.

intoit
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Well I guess that experiment was not successful. It's MUCH easier to shoot 1 or a couple flakes and I've done that over and over, I was just trying something different and by the reaction I guess it's just too different. I was really wanting to get a very dreamy image of the snow - not too many get to see snowflakes individually or in a small pile and I was attempting to capture the mystery and magic of them. Thanks all for the input - much appreciated as always:-) I'll have to wait 'til the snow it right again to try something else:-)