PDA

View Full Version : Country Setting

Dave Mills
08-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Shot this image around 15 minutes from my house. Used Topaz Tonal Adj to get an effect

Mark Fuge
08-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Nice scene Dave. Reminds my of my homeland, without snow!

I would suggest you consider cropping out the crotch of the tree, as the right trunk branch does not significantly apply to the scene. I would also suggest you consider cropping a little from the bottom as well. (See attached one quick crop example)

It appears that the tree is the subject, based on the focus. I would have focused on the barn, or better yet about 1/3 into the scene and used a smaller aperature to get apparent DOF extending through the barn area.

I might also have looked at a slightly lower angle, to provide more separation between the barn and the branches.

Just my suggestions however.

Your image ... your vision.

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Dave, Really nice composition and the red really draws your eye. I prefer the original comp. with the added length-I think it gives a bit more weight at the bottom for that large tree and forces my eye to wander into the scene. Nicely done!!

Indranil Sircar
08-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Dave, Nice composition. I like the hint of sunlight on the base of the tree and grass.

Cindy Cone
08-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice composition, Dave, with nice Topaz effects. I like the way the tree frames the barn.

Fabs Forns
08-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Very effective composition, and red with green is always a good choice :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Really warm colors. I like Mark's suggestion re: crop. Good work, both of ya. :)

Harshad Barve
08-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Lovely compo for me , I go woth OP
Red is the key for me
TFS