Light Source : Auto
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 185.0 mm
ColorSpace : -1
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Lens : Nikkor 70-300mm VR

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Adrian, Beautiful details in your lotus. I kinda wish the leaf at the bottom wasn't covering the petal. I love Lotus flowers and pods and this one is great!!

Ed Vatza
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I love everything about this image... except for that leaf in the lower right corner. Yes it covers the petal but it is also way to dominant for my tastes. Otherwise this image would be just about perfect.

Roman Kurywczak
08-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Adrian,
I agree with the petal and will add....next time try using the flash to balance out the shadow areas a touch. All things considered....you handled this well.

Julie Kenward
08-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Such sharpness! The first thing I noticed was how perfectly saturated and focused this was. It's fun just to let my eye wander around it.

Agree with the others about the one leaf at the bottom but it's certainly not a deal breaker for me. I'm really jealous as I went to my botanical garden today and not a lotus in bloom anywhere...

Bruce Murden
08-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Adrian, I too love the sharpness and all of the depth in this bloom, and I like the shaded parts are enhancing the apparent depth in this image. Perhaps a touch higher viewpoint would minimize the green leaf overlap and keep a great view on the pod, but these are just minor tweaks possible when shooting such a lovely flower, and doing it as well as you did already. Congrats on a sweet image.

Adrian David
08-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Thank you very much! The flower was too far from me and I could not reach to that leaf, to push it away...