PDA

View Full Version : Never In All My Life

Julie Kenward
08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I got up early this morning and drove down to a local lake thinking I might be able to get a little BIF practice in. I started to walk around the water's edge when I came up to this galvanized steel 'cage' (I believe it helps regulate the water level) when I realized there were two juvenile green herons perched on it.

And then in flew number three.

And then four.

And then FIVE. :D:D:D

I spent an hour and a half photographing these juvi's as they tried to maneuver around this large steel monstrosity. Unlike the adults that frequent this lake, they showed no signs of being skittish around me and even let me walk within 20 feet or so. I did get some images of them down by the lake edge but I'll save those for the Avian forum. I had a feeling I'd take a little heat over this choice of "perch" so this one is delegated to the F&F forum! :D

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Julie, A dream come true to see that many juveniles flying in. Glad you were able to get some images and I look forward to seeing your posts in Avian.

Randy Mays
08-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Nice Shot Jules... I find the young ones not so shy myself. Smithville lake ??? I grew up around K.C.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I bet they are good practice models for BIF. :)

Alfred Forns
08-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Great find and must have been fun !!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Cool stuff Julie. Yeah, the HAP would be allover you in avian for this babe. :D

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Juvenile greens are such great fun to watch and you sure ran into a wealth of those little beauties. Lovely work Julie and I hope you will be posting some more. Thanks for sharing. It pays to get up early !!!!!!!!