Bob Miller
08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Nikon D-300
300 mm Tamron with 1/4Tc and 27mm extension
ISO 800
1/800 sec f8
cropped and adjusted contrast, NR, selective color adjustment

In almost 100 degree heat these guys seemed to really enjoying themselves:D
Would like comments about composition, and sharpness but all comments are welcome..Thanks!

Gus Cobos
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Bob,
I like the intimate capture...see if this composition works for you. I boosted the saturation and contrast just a little and color corrected it. Also selective sharpened both subjects, and ran a low level pass of noise reduction in the background...I find the original a tad busy with the additional blades of grass going in all directions...:cool:

Alfred Forns
08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Excellent capture Bob !!!!

Light was not on your side but you came up with a good exposure, sure wish I could see some detail on the body of the top Dfly The clean up help out the image focusing on the insects Being able to get on light angle and still have them in a good shooting angle is sort of luck !!!

Lance Peters
08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
XXXX rated Content ;)
Like the original - the Grasses dont bother me - give more of a feeling of the habitat - IMHO
Gus's repost improves the contrast and gives them that bit of POP.
Somewhere between the two for my tastes.
Keep em coming ;)

Christopher Miller
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Bob, like the capture! Mating dragonflies is one of the things that I would really like to photograph :). You did well with this considering the lighting. I like the added punch and greater simplicity of Gus's repost.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Bill, great capture. I think the extra bit of sharpening and contrast look good. I don't mind the grass, but I might desaturate the greens a little.

Bob Miller
08-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions. i think I will leave the grasses but take jackies suggestion to desaturate the greens a bit to make them look more natural. i also may try to raise the contrast a bit as per Gus. thanks again!