Light Source : Auto
Flash : SB900 fill flash -3,0eV
Focal Length : 105.0 mm
ColorSpace : -1
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Lens : nikkor 105mm f/2,8 VR

Bruce Murden
08-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Adrian, I really like your composition, with the branch and dragonfly angled, and good use of the OOF background. A little more angle on the stick and d'fly may have also worked well. With your good crisp focus on the body, I don't mind the OOF wings. For me, however, the white spot (catchlight?) on the eye appears OOF and a little distracting to me when I really examine the details of this photo. If the dragonfly was resting and you had a tripod, you could have used a slower shutter speed and smaller aperture (like f/22) for more of the body and head/eyes in crisp focus.

Don Lacy
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Adrian, I really enjoy seeing new DF so thanks for sharing do you know what species this guy is. I did some selective sharpening on the eye and wings per Bruce's suggestion I think it helps balance it with the body.

Julie Kenward
08-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Nice repost! Isn't it amazing how some simple adjustments can really add to an image.

I sure wish that perch was as clean as your DF - I think it would have put this one over the top.

Adrian David
08-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Thank you for taking time to repost my dragonfly!:)
Here is my reedited version!

Ed Vatza
08-23-2009, 10:00 AM
NOt much to add to what has already been said. The reposts look better than the original but the original looked pretty good to start with. The oof wing is a non-issue for me here. The body is sharp. The background sets it off nicely. Well done.