PDA

View Full Version : Black-shouldered Kite

Eric Landsberg
08-22-2009, 03:23 AM
http://www.wildlife.co.za/images/Blackshouldered-Kite/Blackshouldered-Kite_0906003307_EJLandsberg.jpg

Black-shouldered Kite
(Elanus caeruleus)

Camera - Nikon D3
Lens - VR 600mm + 1.7 x
Aperture - f/7.1
Shutter - 1/2000
ISO - 640

www.wildlife.co.za
info@wildlife.co.za

Gal Shon
08-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Stunning bird, light and BG. very good sharpness as well.
I think the Comp is not well balanced and the frame is a bit heavy.

Mital Patel
08-22-2009, 06:51 AM
bird is very well exposed.
i would not use border as it eats all attention and weight.
perch is very nice but for cropping i think it would be good if its on center as where it looks it give better feel from vertical center.

little bit smooth and softer image
i've attached one run of sharpened ...

Harshad Barve
08-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Stunning bird, light and BG, Mital's repost makes it better
TFS

Arthur Morris
08-22-2009, 07:37 AM
I did not understand the ORIG COMP.... (Why so much room at the bottom???)

Mital-bhai's repost is superb. I love the light and the BKGR. I would have preferred a view of the dorsal surface of the near-wing and that the bird's had had been raised (rather than hunched) but neither of those was within your control.

I much prefer that image without the frame and losing the horse might also be a good idea.

David Fletcher
08-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Love the repost but believe the ideal lies between the two. (Mital left very little room at the bottom and prefer a bit more space there as is looking down Eric). Lovely shot. TFS

Mital Patel
08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
hello all.
the only point of making less space on bottom was
1. perch is unstable and jumpy when something like a raptor move a bit
2. wing is open and shows some movement

this was quick decision came in my to make less space on bottom to show the gravity and movement of bird as well the perch's position going down :)

but yes if i gave some more space on bottom and put the bird in center of vertical as i already written but not shown it would have been good idea. :)

final point is image should look perfect which we are trying to do here so add this point eric.

Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi
08-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Mital's repost is very nice..... does justice to a beautiful image. A bigger picture would have been great though!

Jim Fenton
08-22-2009, 06:21 PM
This is an exquisite looking creature and the exposure and background is perfect.

I agree with DF...I like the repost but would have preffered a tad more room at the bottom.

Eric Landsberg
08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the comments.

info@wildlife.co.za
www.wildlife.co.za