Lens : Nikkor 80-400D F-4.5/5.6 ED VR
Exposure : 1/800sec @ 400mm
Aperture : f/8
ISO Rating : 400
Captured On : Jan 18 2009, 8:56 am

All comments and critiques are most welcome

Joerg Rockenberger
08-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Cool bird. Great sharpness. I think this could benefit from a crop from the top. Colors are a bit subdued but I am not sure how it looks in real life. Wish it would provide more of a profile such that one wouldn't see the shadow side of the face. JR

Manos Papadomanolakis
08-22-2009, 06:32 AM
beautiful/funny pose...great light too,I would prefer to crop a bit to the left/top

Harshad Barve
08-22-2009, 07:22 AM
lovely pose , nice BG and colors , sharpness is good to my eyes ,
TFS

Arthur Morris
08-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Mital-bhai,

Bird, sharpness, perfect head turn for the off-angled light: A+ (That would be excellent.)

And I love the curious look.

Perch: F (That would be "fail.")

Did not any of the above folks who commented notice that the perch has ax-marks on it???

David Fletcher
08-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Mital-bhai,

Bird, sharpness, perfect head turn for the off-angled light: A+ (That would be excellent.)

And I love the curious look.

Did not any of the above folks who commented notice that the perch has ax-marks on it???

Oh that is good.. LOL. Was wondering that myself as fairly prominent. Ok. Go with Artie 200% as fair assessment, even if delivered differently than the norm, :). Good work. (both of u). :)

Mital Patel
08-22-2009, 12:58 PM
i did not follow you on this point Artie sir

"
"

can you please explain me why such kind of perch are Failed ?

Arthur Morris
08-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Mital-bhai, I was afraid that I might lose you on the "F." Sorry about that. My points were:

1: the perch is ugly? Why? the obvioius hack marks which seem to have had to be created by a person, should be avoided at all costs.

2: none of those who commented previously mentioned the ugly perch. yes, our goal here is to be gentle but we need to be obvious. If folks fail to comment on obvious negative aspects of an image nobody grows. Nobody learns.

Mital Patel
08-23-2009, 01:52 AM
thanks a lot sir ji..
i got your point.
i was actually confuse Not disturbed on your comment.

very true that the perch was cropped by the farmers on their farm as it was a tree and roller took that perch for rest.
i'll surely avoid such things next time.

my concern to ask "i did not follow you" was to know why such perch is bad or fail as i was un-aware bout this what you have made me understand.

thanks again.

Arthur Morris
08-23-2009, 06:26 AM
You are welcome. I should have mentioned that many of our schools and universities use a letter grade system, with A being the top grade (actually A+), followed by B, C, D (very poor but still passing), and F, for you flunked or failed.

And yes, some perches are more attractive than others. I heard Alan Murphy speak the other night (his program was great). He is the master of set-ups; he said that he spends as much time looking for beautiful perches as he does photographing! (He then attracts the birds to his perches with food, water, or song.)

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice species Mitalbhai, but gee that perch is dog butt ugly. :D Since Maestro was so eloquent, I shall not be. :) You know, you could always fix your own pretty perch in place especially if you know that the bird returns to the same spot. I have had success on the odd occasion that I tried with some of our local species. :) TFS brother! :)