PDA

View Full Version : Our Home and Garage On Wheels

Jay Gould
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi,

We are in the Australian Bush - Amador State Forest outside of Gympie, QLD for the locals - attending the National Music Muster along with 80,000 other boot stompers.

The caravan - a 25'Boroma - is our full-time home. No apartment; no home; no land; no mortgage; no roots; and no responsibility. You cannot image the feeling of freedom that the Grey Nomads of Australia enjoy everyday.

We have in our box on wheels everything you have in your homes, just smaller: queen size bed, frig/freezer, stove/oven, microwave, 23" TV, proper coffee maker - Jak is a barista second to none, separate shower/etc, and all the additional conveniences we want and enjoy. I just read this to Jak and she said to add washing machine!

The red truck - a Ford F250 is our garage on wheels: just like in your garage we have an additional frig and freezer, two folding bicycles, golf clubs, SCUBA equipment, chairs, tables, and on and one!

In September the rig goes into storage for seven months and off we go to continue our travels.

Gypsies we are!

Jay Gould
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Correction: Amamoor State Forest

denise ippolito
08-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Jay, That is so cool!! I am so envious!You are wild and free!!!Living the dream!!

Gus Cobos
08-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey Jay,
I love it...free to do as you please...living with Mother Nature...super...:):cool:

Ron Boisvert
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi Jay,
I can relate to your sense of freedom as I have lived for several months with nothing but what I could carry on my back. I did this another time for several months with only a motorcycle and tent to my name. Not many of us determine to live as free as you are doing right now. More power to you and Jak for making a different choice in lifestyle. As far as I know, we only live once - why not live your dream... I can't wait to hear about your upcoming adventures.
Regards,

Alfred Forns
08-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I applaud what your doing Jay Proud of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Congrats Jay. You must have worked very hard to enjoy life today. While a little green, I am genuinely very happy that you can participate in something so beautiful and free many of us can only dream of. Enjoy mate! take many great shots along the way too! :)