PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Clash of the Titans

Mark Fuge
08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
This prehistoric battle was captured on our lanai, as the gladiators of olde duked it out for dominance of the area.

I caught this battle which continued for over 15 minutes. Given the normal three hops and rest of these denizens, it was a surprise that they kept it up that long. But they ultimately gave up and gingerly moved on, obviously torn and beaten by the fight.

It reminded me of a King Kong movie, as they maneuvered for controlling position and strike angle.

The filters were not exotic, as I am limited to Elements 2.0 and no internet, by lack of my normal computer this past week. I used the crosshatch, poster edge and the Hue/Saturation adjustment. The pinch filter was interesting for this image, as it eliminated the straight line of the concrete and made it look more like a cliff edge. However, the exaggeration did not greatly effect the subjects.

Hope you enjoy and sorry I am absent of late, but my ‘puter is down for the count as well. I just got my computer back tonight and wanted to put a quick something up. More and better will follow.

Dave Mills
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Mark, Interesting shot of 2 lizards fighting...which you don't often see!!

denise ippolito
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Hi, Mark, I'm glad you are back on line. We missed you around here!! I love the action captured and your placement of the 2 in the frame is terrific.The open mouth on the one is a nice touch. I might tone down the yellow just a bit to put more emphasis on the "fight scene"

Mark Fuge
08-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks. It's been a hectic two weeks of no internet access to work from. :eek: I was also without all my images and files, as they needed my HD to diagnose the computer problems. But things are back to normal, whatever that is! :D

I was unable to find the image I was after last night, as I tranferred them from the other computer I was using to keep my visions active and therefore put this up. :( I will post a few more of this action in the near future, when I get the transferred files organized. Just wanted to get something up and while not the best image, it gives a good look at what it was like. You will see, the rest of the story, in the near future!

Agree with the image quality issue. But it was a rush to get it up last night and hit the sack. The yellow represents the "sunny" days of late! Florida is nice if you have AC and it's working! Otherwise, you will have many Hot August Nights! These guys were out in the sunshine of August days.

denise ippolito
08-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Mark, Looking forward to more of the series. Glad to have you back and I know how frustrating computer problems can be, especially when you lose access to your files!

Indranil Sircar
08-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Mark, great composition. Agree with Denise on the placement that makes it excellent. I also like your choice of colors - hot and angry!

Mark Fuge
08-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks it was fun and interesting to see. While I know the image isn't perfect, it was worth the effort.

Thanks for your viewing and comments. Glad to be home! ;)