PDA

View Full Version : BOAS Bandtail Pigeon

Chris Hansen
08-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I sat in the blind for a couple of hours today and finally was rewarded with a flock of wild Bandtail pigeons coming into my set up. The background is a hand painted piece of Masonite

Canon 50D
Canon 100- 400 @ 210mm
ISO 200 Should have used a much higher ISO after seeing what my shutter speed was.
F5.0 @ 1/50th second

Any ideas on cropping? i haven't posted any birdies for a long time.

All C&C appreciated.

God bless,

chris

Jeff Cashdollar
08-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice catch on the shutter trade-off. Cropping is mostly feel, but I would take some off the top and a lot off the bottom. Perch dominates the image, nice picture and good self critique.

wendell westfall
08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Chris -- congrats on your patience. I agree with Jeff on the cropping.

Lance Peters
08-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Hi Chris - like the HA and the composition - agree with the cropping Idea. Looks like you had a little mixed light here - the line across the breast area is a little distracting. Might just lighten the eye a tad.
Keep em coming :)

Gus Cobos
08-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi Chris,
A lovely capture, I like the head angle, agree on the cropping also...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Alfred Forns
08-22-2009, 10:18 AM
H Chris Glad you patience worked out :) Sweet image Particularly like the feel and the bg idea brilliant !!

Agree on the crop suggestions will strengthen the image. Not sure if they will land on a smaller perch but this is fine looking image Big Congrats !!!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
08-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Agree about the perch dominates over the bird, to me the perch is sharper than the bird, probably due to the already mentioned shutter speed. Agree about the crop.

Glad that your patience pay off. I also like your background too, beautiful.

Bob Miller
08-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Chris...Lovely image and nicely sharp for the ss used. I agree with cropping from the bottom and the bg is just perfect for the bird's colors