PDA

View Full Version : Ushuaia Harbour

Harold Stiver
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Taken at sunset in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. This is very typical light at that time.

The ship in the image was very dark and it took a bit of processing to bring it out. This introduced some noise. NR software brought it back except on the ship. Its not too bad in websize but more noticeable in full image size.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how I might work on the select area of the ship for noise?

Iso400, 30mm, 1/5sec, f/29

Thanks

John Chardine
02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Very nice. I've been to Ushuaia many times since 1995 and always enjoy my stay. When it is clear, the mountains of Isla Hoste, Chile, as shown in your image are absolutely beautiful. Did you tone map the image?

Harold Stiver
02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Very nice. I've been to Ushuaia many times since 1995 and always enjoy my stay. When it is clear, the mountains of Isla Hoste, Chile, as shown in your image are absolutely beautiful. Did you tone map the image?

Thanks, John.

Yes, I did a tonemapping to bring out the ship and to bring out the clouds. I used that as a layer on the original and reduced the opacity to 40%. Of course, this didn't help the noise levels.

..Harold

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Harold,

A fine image. I like the diagonals of the clouds in the sky and the reflection. The light is wonderful and well captured here.

Noise in the boat. That will be tough. I suggest you do the noise control on a BG copy, create a mask, fill with black and then set about painting white on the ship. I hope someone else has a better suggestion.