08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Comment welcome

Shutter speed 1/4s
Fstop 22
Focal lens 12 mm
ISO 100

Ramesh Adkoli
08-22-2009, 04:28 AM
What a beautiful scene, Vermenton! I just love those blues. Couple of those clouds just heightens the impact of the sky. Some observations: It needs a teeny bit CW rotation. The image could take some crop at RHS (removing those partially visible rocks). Looks like this image was taken at eye-level. You could have tried the same composition with a lower angle to give a different perspective. Not sure whether that was feasible on the field, but something to try next time. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi Vermenton,
Ramesh made some very good points and I would go with a bit off the right to remove those rocks......won't impact the image much. A lower perspective may have also worked and provided a bit more drama......but you have to be very careful that the rocks don't complicate the reflection and you have VG seperation there. The light isn't the greatest as the tones in the FG are blending in a bit and stronger shadows would have added a bit more depth and perhaps concentrating on fewer rocks and maximizing their impact may have worked better. The waterlines also makes a very pleasing leading line and I wonder if you explored any vertical presentations using them? A softer/lower light had the potential to take this one up a notch.

Rene Quenneville
08-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Beautiful, I agree with previous comments. I also feel that you polarized the sky a little too much.

Rich Ikerd
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Really nice scene Vermenton! I like how you ensured the reflections didn't intersect (a lower angle would have made that harder). The rocks on the right are a little distracting - its always nice to have clean edges in a landscape image whenever possible. And you might try to brighten the right side of the sky to bring it more in line with the left side. As is, the polarization is a bit too obvious.