PDA

View Full Version : Haiku- Waterflow

denise ippolito
08-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Escaping downward
The water flows to the sea
Rolling, crashing, free

I did an Orton effect and a poster edge effect to the bottom only of image. I posted a more whimsical version in OOTB today.

Julie Kenward
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Less is more...and this is more!

Ian McHenry
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Beautifully composed image Denise.
The soft vegetation enhances the waterfall detail.
Cheers: Ian Mc

denise ippolito
08-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Jules, Ian-Thankyou both very much. I appreciate it.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Excellent work young lady, just excellent. I was actually practicing a Raptor haiku in my brain this morning as I was getting a native patient ready to take to the vet for assessment. Will post soon. :)

Congrats on your great work. :)

denise ippolito
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
So odd that you mentioned a raptor haiku-I started a haiku about a crow, but I haven't put the finishing touches on it(re-edit!). I read somewhere that they are eternal enemies. Is that true? Do you know?

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
So odd that you mentioned a raptor haiku-I started a haiku about a crow, but I haven't put the finishing touches on it(re-edit!). I read somewhere that they are eternal enemies. Is that true? Do you know?

The BOP I just posted was captured at a location where the species or other raptors get harassed by Ravens all the time. Ravens are Corvids (i.e. crow relatives). In my experience and I am not a bird expert at all I often see Ravens chase BOP away. Last Sunday while we walked our dogs on that long walk I was telling you earlier, we saw five Ravens harass a Little Eagle and chased it well away from their locality. So I guess there is truth in that. Here is an image I made a year ago from a hide (Old tree poem view) of two Australian Ravens harassing a Whistling Kite.

denise ippolito
08-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Very interesting image. I had 5 black crows chase a Great Horned Owl out of one of my trees, they are fearless. They did this after harassing him for hours!!

Lance Warley
08-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Double what Julie said, Denise - less is more, and you proved it with this beautiful haiku.

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Thankyou Lance, I appreciate it.

Kerry Perkins
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Nice haiku Denise, and a lovely image to go with it! I can hear the water in your words. Very nice.

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Kerry, Thankyou for your kind words and support!!