PDA

View Full Version : Fog @ Petrie Islands.

Daniel Cadieux
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
This is a local area that I have been frequenting seen I've been a young boy. It used to be a hidden treasure, with just a few people (mostly fishermen) knowing about it and its wildlife qualities. It has recently been converted into a public beach/picnic area...now a very popular spot. It still love to head out there very early in the morning, especially when fog has developped overnight (it also helps that this place is a short 3 minute drive from my home:)).

Canon 40D + Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 @38mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/20s., f/14, ISO 400, +1.3 EC, tripod (yes, I do have one!!). Full frame.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_PetrieIslandfog_6501-01.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey Daniel,
Well...you've done this special place justice! The mood here is fantastic and you have included just enough of the trees to ground it....but the 2 bent trees really make it with the distant shore fading out. Too bad on the new crowds.....but very nicely done.

denise ippolito
08-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Daniel, I'm loving this! I think the way the trees wisps the water w/ the fog BG is beautiful. The tree area has just enough clarity to make it pop. Well done.

Gerald_Gilligan
08-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Daniel,
The definition of the foreground gives depth to this image...

I also like the sliver of land that helps balance the left a bit as my eye wanders into the fog on the right...

Nicely done !

Jerry

David Kennedy
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Great mood in this image, but I wonder if a crop from the right wouldn't make it stronger?

Kobus Tollig
08-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice one Daniel but i would like somthing on the right. Seems to be a bit dead