PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping Up Dinner

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2009, 03:36 PM
OK Jules.....another gross-out! Don't normally see them spinning their web! From today on my deck....different spider. BG is the pine he had his web in. Hand held on a ladder (i explained in the lilly close up why).......focus was definitely fun today.......I always manually focus my macros...Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 twin lights at 0. F32 for 1/125 sec at ISO 800. I did up the ISO to 1600 later.....but he climbed up into the needles to dine!

denise ippolito
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Beautiful lighting and details. Beautiful BG and tack sharp as usual.

I didn't realize it was a bee and a spider-I thought the entire image was a spider! I guess I don't know too much about spiders-or I tend to close my eyes when I see them:eek:

Steve Maxson
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice behavior/action shot, Roman. It's interesting how spiders can successfully tackle prey larger than themselves. The silk coming from its abdomen and being used to wrap up the bee shows up very well here. I like that the clean background has some detail and is not solid black. You might consider trying to selectively tone down some of the flash-caused bright areas on the bee and spider. :)

Julie Kenward
08-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Super image and yes, a bit gross!!! Ewww! I agree that a few of the hotter areas could use a little toning down but wow...what a moment you got here.

Now excuse me while I go gauge my eyes out...