View Full Version : Tuolumne Meadows

denise ippolito
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Canon 30D
16-35mm
ISO 100
1/30 sec. at f/18
Tripod

This is one of the first images I ever made. Go ahead Roman -have at it!!!:)
After I posted I saw the sky showed some compression also a tiny dust bunny.:eek:

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
:eek:Hey Denise,
Welcome back to the forum!!! Take a wild guess what I'm going to say......ready.....the composition is very good....the river leads us to the mountain and the trees balance and frame it nicely also. Would a very work better???....maybe.....but unless you had a strong FG element.....probably not as the sky was pretty bland....so you did very well minimizing that too! I like the V the grasses form in the river as that adds another bit of interest.....only real issue here is the light.......it's OK as presented.....but dramtic light is #1 for landscapes.....it can make even the ordinary....extraordinary! Just remember lack of sleep and being at the location early (1/2 hour B4 and after sunrise/sunset) on your future landscape trips......the rest will fall into place. Now was that so bad?;)

denise ippolito
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Roman, Thankyou for your critique. I will try to post a few more so I know what to look for in the field.

Dave Mills
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey Denise, Nice comp on this. Nicely divided into thirds with alot of interest. You minimalised the sky but didn't cut the tree. Agree with Roman regarding more dramatic light either early or late. Well handled technically.

Kaushik Balakumar
08-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Simple and a neat composition this is. A neat scene.
Roman said it - its all about light. Early/late hours would make a big difference :)

denise ippolito
08-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Dave, Kaushik - Thankyou both for your comments.

Jay Gould
08-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Bah, technicals aside, it is a wonderful image and invokes so many many memories from my youth - just a couple of years ago ;) :o

Early and late hours would present a different image; it would not present a different message :D

Thanks for taking me back to a time when I went to Tuolumne a couple of times a year, every year, for several in a row. :D

denise ippolito
08-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks Jay, I appreciate your kind comments.