PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Hibiscus

Dave Mills
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
The colors on some of these are pretty intense.
Nikon D300,200mm macro,F32,1/30,fill flash -1 comp,400 iso,tripod mtd.

Stephen Stephen
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Beautiful colours here Dave. I like thecomposition, the DOF details and the black BG on the left

denise ippolito
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Beautiful Dave, The colors are fantastic and I like the inclusion of the foliage on the right. Your BG really makes this pop.

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey Dave,
I'll offer my suggestion to this one so others can decide for themselves......I'd prefer a crop off the RH side and bottom proportionally....to eliminate the greenery.....super colors on this one and very nice use of the flash....let's see how others feel about the crop.

Julie Kenward
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, the colors and the clarity are gorgeous and it's beautifully exposed, Dave. For me, I like the stamen in the upright position - it's just a personal thing. Once I got it re-orientated, the black seemed to overpower the green so I cut a bit off the top (your left) edge of the frame.

Dave Mills
08-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi Jules, the crop works for me. Thanks for the effort...

Charles Wesley
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Dave,

What a most colorful hibiscus. We have trouble with the island deer eating my two plants. Great use of flash.
I have trouble cropping this particular flower due to too many blossoms. Not sure how to crop it properly. Like Roman's idea but its hard to get the right angle on a hibiscus at times.

You did a wonderful job with this photo IMO.

Dave Mills
08-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi Charles,Agree that it's not the easiest to get the right angle on. I try a number of angles generally and see which works the best for me...Thanks for the comment